Cannabis Cooking Essentials
HONEY-MAGIC BUTTER MACHINE
2 cups of organic honey
1 ounce (28 grams) of botanicals
1/4 cup distilled water
Place decarbed botanicals into the machine along with honey and water
Select 130 degree temperature and 8 hour tincture cycle on Magic Butter machine
1. Heat your oven to 250 degrees F
2. Place your botanicals in a baking (rotisserie) bag
3. Roll the bag up to get as much air out of it as possible
4. Close the bag tightly and do not put holes in it
5. Place the bag on a baking dish and place it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes
6. When time is up, take the bag out of the oven, wait until its cool to the touch (about 2 minutes) and then without opening the bag place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
7. When time is up, your botanicals are ready to be used in the Magic Butter machine.
2 cups olive oil
1 oz cannabis
- Grind the cannabis. Keep in mind that anything small enough to fit through the strainer will end up in your finished product, so you’ll want to remove any hard stems.
- Heat the oil and marijuana together in a saucepan on LOW for 3 hours. Stir frequently.
- Strain and store the oil.
- Keep in a refrigerator or in a cool, dark place.
1/2 cup raw almonds
3 cups water
1-4 grams of ground cannabis (depends on how potent you want the end product)
cheesecloth or strainer
- Blend the almonds and water in a food processor until it resembles milk.
- Strain the almond milk through a cheesecloth or strainer
- Add the ground cannabis and reduce heat. Simmer for 2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Chill and serve or use as a replacement for milk in any recipe.
1 lb butter (you may use a butter alternative, such as Earth Balance)
1/2 oz finely ground cannabis
- Melt the butter on VERY LOW heat in a saucepan until it’s simmering. Overheating will turn the butter black and add a burnt flavor.
- Add the cannabis and let simmer for 30 minutes or so until the butter has turned green.
- Pour the butter through a strainer to remove all the pieces of cannabis (cheesecloth works best
- Chill in fridge until solid
Coffee grinder or food processor
1 quart bowl
Canning jar with lid
Dark tincture bottles with droppers
Paper coffee filters
1 oz of ground cannabis per quart of alcohol
Highest proof alcohol you can get. It should be at least 90 proof, though 151 or Everclear is preferable.
- Thoroughly dry and grind 4 grams of cannabis.
- Bake the plant matter at 240 degrees in an oven-safe dish for 20-30 minutes to decarboxylate it.
- Submerge the plant matter in 2 ounces of high-proof alcohol, stir, and cover tightly so that the evaporating alcohol cannot escape.
- Let sit for 3 hours in a cool, dark place. The longer it sits, the more potent it becomes.
- Stir the brew again, then funnel through a double-thick layer of cheese cloth, collecting the liquid tincture in a jar.
- Pour the liquid through the cheesecloth a second time, again capturing it in a jar for later consumption. Bottle the tincture in opaque, brown or blue bottles as soon as possible to avoid exposing it to light.
350 ml coconut oil
1 tbsp sunflower or soy lecithin
10 grams of decarboxylated cannabis
- In a crockpot on WARM or LOW, combine the coconut oil and sunflower lecithin. Melt and stir,
- Grind the decarboxylated cannabis in a coffee grinder and add it to the oil.
- Stir every half hour.
- After 2-3 hours of heating and steeping, turn off the crockpot and allow the oil to cool.
- Pour oil into a jar and place in the fridge until cool. Seal with a lid.
1/2 cup decarboxylized cannabis
1 cup flour
- Remove all stems and seeds from the dried cannabis. Grind cannabis in coffee grinder until it turns into a powder.
- Keep cannabis powder in an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
- Sift the cannabis powder and flour together until it is mixed evenly.
- Use canna flour in recipes as you would regular flour.
MORE RECEIPES AVAILABLE ON MedicalMarijuana.ca